Monday, August 15, 2005

violence for peace !?

I've been reading a bit about reasons for violence, violence as a tool, etc etc.
I have still not found a place in my mind to really believe that any form of violence is for peace! Ofcourse, there have been all these battles of yester-times that were fought with causes. Even so, those were to gain power over some societies! There is so much of violence around us and it makes me wonder if that is something within! The dark history of our nation, has it that we werent the most symphathetic people! There had been violence used, often I would say from what I know, as a means of portraying might and mainting it! I often think that nothing but the style only has changed! We violate, create violence, call it peace, call it democracy, call it monarchy, bla bla. Fact remains that we seek to, and have sought to, violence to settle most of our disputes from time immemorial! And yet we stay (quite a few of us stay) with the ever infamous "what-to-do" attitude! What does that makes us? What has that taught us?
I still wonder.

No comments: