Saturday, August 06, 2005

comment on creators of tsunamimaldives.mv

Since this issue is very close to me, I thought I should have this as a separate post on my blog space. It is written essentially in response to disreputable and disrespecting comments from an all-but-facts website, towards very sincere efforts of a creative bunch of ppl. Below is a copy of the comment I posted originally on a post on gaanagaa's blog.

"Now I HAVE to comment on this tsunamimaldives.mv ! I know first hand that these guys worked hard on this with very strange limitations from the 'proiders' side as well too! These ppl overcame any hurdle with no (NIL) political implications! It was efforts and contributions of a heartfelt, sincere, patriotic and they-know-their-stuff bunch of guys! I cant admire them enough for it!"

Anyone would best be able to contribute to a cause with tools of his/her know-how, and that is precisely what these ppl did! They were "I.T." guys! They used their I.T. skills to spread the word; that Maldives needed help, that ppl needed to know about others in trouble, that .. oh heck, they did a fantastic selfless job. Information given to them was better managed than the producers of that information, I'd say! The site brought in money for the country! I can say these with extreme confidence as I was there, not exactly with them but.. I was there.
Simon still has his blog (of Dec 2004) on how strongly the group felt about the site not being "propaganda." -link to it-
The guys were proud (I was proud) of the work done. Simon, as the leading person of the group, had his pride expressed here.. and here.. (in Jan 2005.)
The hell did they have other motives, the hell were they 'propagandising' (if there's such a word.) They proved they were true Dhivehi blood.
I love you guys. Long live Maldives ....
Excuse me if i got a wee bit carried away there...

8 comments:

Simon said...

RXS, thanks for writing this. You're right about all of that...and yeah we love you too. :P

wad said...

Thanks RXS.
It’s always been nice working with those guys at the Center. They were like the best team I’ve ever seen.
We all miss that shiny piece of metal-dome floating in the hall. ;)

Next Article on Fartmaldives:

"RXS Fully Exposed"

Things exposed will include your I.D card number, License number, trouser size, Spouse's family last-name, “mother’s maiden name” and condom size. LIVE pictures of your 6th birthday together with Srilankan Police report of some X-ray machine you stole from Apollo Hospital in 1982 will also be included.

You will be doomed. BUHAHAHAA

rxs said...

condoms have sizes!!??? ! hmm!! so thats why...!!

primary0 said...

you are from a high ranking post in the government. so i take ur opinion as the government's opinion. so where the hell does the fart blog belong to now?

rxs said...

primary0: My opinion is my opinion alone! As the description of the blog goes: "These here are views on anything that crosses my mind and finds the time to route via taps of my fingers on the keyboard, onto this earth wide web." It says "my mind." As for factMaldives, i say they are trying to get more publicity! negative publicity is still publicity!
So, repeat. These are views of mine and mine alone. I am disappointed that u percieve my free views as that of government's.

primary0 said...

still.. government's opinion = opinion of the people responsible for whatever it is, maybe not 1 person. ur opinion adds to what the govt will think of it unless u prefer to think different on ur job.

chopey said...

r(s)ex u r the man! thanks for shar'n u r view on us; we love u too; we prefer call'n u "the true maldivian" ; we should have more guys like u!

Abdulla Faraz said...

primary 0 : government opinions come in press conferences and press releases with their stamp of approval, unless otherwise stated.