Friday, August 19, 2005

Man's best friend? NO WAY!

I hate the dogs in the neighbourhood. I hate them. They go off like alarm clocks just when the sun is setting and all of them go off together or in sequence like some orchestrated performance. I hate those loud intimidating barks, barking as if the rest of the whole animal kingdom hates the human kind. For the record, I even hate those what-the-hell-are-you-doing-here stares they give me when we walk past them.

EVERYDAY they scream their barks as if the sky was falling (as the good people of Gaul would have said) and they would keep at it non-stop! I don't understand this. Why don't their owners calm them down? Why do they just let the fellows keep at it? Does it give them some kind of inner gratification, satisfaction, some sadomasochistic high? MADNESS!

True the fellows keep guard but there is nothing to keep guard from. It is just a "I own a dog" luxury the people want. It is just an expression of showing dominance, I'd say.
What have I done about this? What can I? Well I went out to the balcony and screamed out once in to the night on one occasion!! But I am sure the dogs didn't even get the slightest hint that this mad man’s scream was at them, nor would have their owners realised it.

That was once. Now I am waiting till I get my night vision sniper arms.

1 comment:

Simon said...

I must be one of the few people that ever got bitten by a domesticated, very well cared for and loved German Shepard.

I saw it...it saw me...smelled my fear...ran toward me...i ran..didn't look back...was about to get into my car...CRUNCH!!...?#@$?*%...right on my right-bum.

And to think I went there regularly! Now I just run after them and try to bite their bum. Never works that way though.