Monday, September 12, 2005

i dont read novels but its "da vinci code"

I know a lot of ppl could get enraged and vow to kill me for this but..
I hate novels. (I love magazines and stuff though!) I just cant read 'story books.' I think I can count the number of novels I've read using my digits and without recounting one too! Thats less than 20 (got my counting right for once.) I dont regret not having read either.
Anyhow, out of sheer curiosity and a teeny bit of boredom I snatched The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown from the shelf and started reading. IT WAS MESMERISING and I couldnt take my concentration off the book until i read 58 pages (the first 9 chapters.) Now from my standards thats a 'mundo' achivement! I liked how the author kept the thrill just long enough to let it be a thrill and not a drag. I liked the amount of detail he wen into in the descriptions. Lovely narration. Dan Brown, the author, is a total stranger to me. This isnt surprising as I hardly know novels!
My first thoughts when I started readint he book were "oh golly! there must be a movie based on this book... I shoud Google for it..," but now I believe I'd be going through the entire 489 pages. I did Google and found, to my ignorant awe, that Sony started filming based on this very Novel started end of June 2005 and is scheduled to release next year! Amazing! This was on the Internet Movie Database (IMDb) the self claimed "Earth's Biggest Movie Database" (its their trademark too.) The info I found on "the movie insider" was more to my liking. Now! I cant wait to download this movie when its out. Oh better yet, see it on screen!
Meanwhile, I am faced with this alien desire to read this particular book with no altertive but to.

6 comments:

Maail said...

for me its so n so...the best book of DAN BROWN is ANGELS AND DEMONS...much much better than the DA VINCI CODE...with this u wont be mesmerised...u wud be completely captivated... :)

Anonymous said...

you should try reading the 'sequels' like the Va Dinci Cod by A.R.R.R Roberts. hilarious and very much expected after the huge success of the 'Code'.

Aana said...

My! my! I'm so delighted you read it! As the New York Daily News said" One hell of a read" One of the finest novels i've ever read. It's Absolutely Perfect! It sure is an engaging and captivating novel!

rxs said...

guys.. I am reading a novel after a zillion ages! :-)
raggedyanne & fake: Aha! two books to look forward to if my reading gains momentum!

rxs said...

piggy: NOOOoooo.. we down do P2P stuff. we are legal shmegals!
u can borrow the book.. would like it sent on my pvt jet or just have it beamed?

Unknown said...

I'm not a fan of reading story books either, but certainly am glad that i read this one. The controversial claims were what kept me going and I got to see the programme on National Geographic on the book about the same time i was reading the book which further intesified the excitement.